I cannot tell you how many times I have heard the following questions from Lunenburg residents:
- When is the next meeting? (I challenge all Lunenburg residents to find the meeting agendas and minutes)
- What are you discussing at the next school committee meeting?
- How can I get an opportunity to speak at a school committee meeting?
- Why don’t you just send an email, ‘” something or post an announcement to ? (Check out or )
- Why isn’t there a where I can watch your meetings on demand? ()
These questions really get into the tactics of how we need to communicate. Since being elected, I have been thinking about these questions and what they are highlighting. It is time to stop thinking about it and do something.
It is clear to me, we need an up to date, 21st century approach to communicating with the residents of Lunenburg. As I searched the web, I found many districts have taken a “If you can’t beat ‘em join” attitude to communicating, taking to the platforms to reach their audiences.
In my role as a marketer, I need to determine which I need to reach with my messages working with other marketers to choose the best channels to reach the target audience. This is a fundamental of communication…right message, at the right place at the right time….So how do we reach our target audience…the residents of Lunenburg?
Well, this will be a topic at the Lunenburg School Committee meeting tomorrow night at TC Passios School. Your feedback or suggestions prior to the meeting or during our discussion will help shape what gets decided and implemented.